- Provides membership for all staff in the member organisation so all are able to attend technical functions, thereby taking advantage of quantity discounts for multiple registration. Members don’t have to meet membership criteria such as educational qualifications to be able to join.
- Allows members to attend events at a ‘member’s only rate’ which is significantly cheaper than the rate for non-members.
- Provides access to the ‘members only section’ of the website, which in turn provides access to technical information, video presentations of past technical sessions, the ability to ask questions on the ‘members only’ blog and contact details of other members
- Option to take advantage of networking opportunities not available to non-members and discount opportunities which may be offered to members from time to time
- Option to advertise on the website at a discounted ‘members only’ rate
- Links via the members area to other technical information
- The advantage of accessing ‘members only’ information provided by the Australian Food and Grocery Council, the peak food body in Australia, of which FIAQ is a member.
- FIAQ interfaces routinely with state government departments and similar bodies on matters affecting the food industry and this information is subsequently made available to members on the website.
- FIAQ is the senior food industry organisation in Queensland with a reputation for providing independent advice to members and the government for many years. The predecessor of FIAQ, the Food Technology Association of Queensland, began operation in the 1950s.
- Pricing as follows (membership period is 1st July – 30th June the following year):
Individual membership: $120
Organisations with 1 -9 employees: $190
Organisations with 10-20 employees: $315
Organisations with >20 employees: $560