Here is the latest update on COVID-19 for the food industry. All links and documents are available to click throughout the text below
- Border restrictions have tightened again as of 3rd April. Here is what you need to know if you need to bring a service technician or another expert from interstate.
- The person must get a border pass here. We have been advised to tick Specialist critical to maintaining key government services and FIFO, which is the 5th tick box.
- Your company must have lodged a Health Plan with your local public health unit and must have received an approved / acknowledgement. From what we have been told they have quite quick turnaround times. You must provide the health plan to the person that will be crossing the border. There is one email for all health plans – [email protected]
- Your company must provide a letter for the person (service technician etc.) stating that they will conduct services / work for you for a specified period of time and ensure that the person complies with the health plan. This may also include details around accommodation if required.
- More on QLD border restrictions here. This is the most current information as of today.
- You may or may not be aware of AFGC guidelines that are quite well written. Please also refer to FIAQ protocol. As that has been amended for QLD jurisdiction.
- Safe Food QLD together with DAF have developed guidelines and a checklist. Whilst this has been developed for agribusinesses, it can be applied to food manufacturing to some extent.
- For those who export and use air freight, effective FROM TODAY for a period of 4 WEEKS – totaling 540 flights for the month have been added. To access flights – please utilise your standard freight operations channels. You can also have your say here, which is a federal government initiative.
There is a lot of information discussed in the teleconferences Jana Cameron has been attending and the above is a summary.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch should you have any further questions or if you would like FIAQ to cover any additional areas.